NSHSS Film and Video Production Scholarship
Three (3) $2,000 awards
Rising high school students graduating in 2024, 2025, 2026, or 2027, and recently graduated 2023 seniors
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Expression of a clear theme
- Quality of the story line and script (if applicable)
- Creativity and/or content originality
- Production quality
To view previous NSHSS Video Competition Winners, visit:
- Educator recommendation
- Title and description of your submission (4-5 lines) – including what inspired the work, how it was created, and the intent
- Uploaded video following these guidelines:
- Create and submit an artistic representation of a day in your life through film. How is your day unique, exciting, making an impact? Be creative, animation is allowed.
- Films should be no more than 5 minutes long, and submissions can be made in the following categories: scripted film narrative, animation, documentary, or short film.
***Copyright music may be used if the song’s original artist and composer are credited.
- Color headshot suitable for website posing
- Academic resume
- Current Transcript (can be official or unofficial)
By submitting your work to us, you are giving NSHSS and its partners, affiliates, and licensees the non-exclusive right to publish your work in any format, including print, electronic, and online media. However, all individual contributors to NSHSS retain the right to submit their work for non-exclusive publication elsewhere, and you have our permission to do so.
Plagiarism: NSHSS has a no-tolerance policy for plagiarism. Any applicant whose winning work is determined to be plagiarized in whole or in part will forfeit any awards.