NSHSS Mental Health Awareness Scholarship
Five (5) $2,000 awards
Rising high school juniors and seniors, and college students all levels
The World Health Organization (WHO) defines mental health as "a state of well-being in which the individual realizes his or her own abilities, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and is able to make a contribution to his or her community." The stigma surrounding mental illness has become far too common, but more and more individuals are speaking out and raising awareness on the issue. NSHSS wants to award students for their positive efforts in spreading awareness and affecting change regarding mental health.
- Educator recommendation letter
- Answer the following prompt in 500-800 words:
- What are some effective strategies for reducing stigma surrounding mental health in your community or school? How can individuals and organizations contribute to creating a more supportive and open environment for those dealing with mental health issues?
- Pictures/videos/media showing your leadership in action (optional)
- Color headshot suitable for website posting
- Academic resume
- Current Transcript (can be official or unofficial)