The Claes Nobel Legacy Awards
Five (5) $5,000 scholarships
High school seniors graduating in 2023 and current college freshmen who have a minimum GPA of 3.5 and who have demonstrated in an outstanding manner the values of NSHSS Co-founder Mr. Claes Nobel. College freshmen must be currently enrolled in an accredited university.
The Claes Nobel Legacy Award was established by the Greg Goff Foundation in partnership with the NSHSS Foundation in honor of Claes Nobel, a member of the family that established the Nobel Prizes, to highlight his family legacy of rewarding excellence. Mr. Nobel dedicated his life and work to the values that he held dear: preserving the earth, promoting peace, and changing the world for the better. In 2002, he co-founded NSHSS with James W. Lewis to acknowledge and nurture the continuing success of high school and college students who have distinguished themselves through academic accomplishment, exemplary leadership and community involvement.
Mr. Nobel encouraged all people to prescribe to “The Seven Rights,” a powerful remedy for Universal Peace, Environmental Sustainability, and Personal Happiness. “The Seven Rights” include:
1. Right Thought. Your mind is a dynamic organ. Everything in the universe and in the world – yes, even you originated in thought.
2. Right Word. Words are incredibly powerful. Once a word leaves your mouth, not even the strength of 10,000 elephants can pull it back again.
3. Right Deed. Let Dignity, Honor, and Truth be the noble hallmarks of your character.
4. Right Attitude. Smile and laugh. Be kind, positive, and helpful to all. Become a good listener.
5. Right Livelihood. Step lightly on the Earth--leave no foot-prints.
6. Right Here. You do not have to go to the far corners of the world. Start world transformation in your own community. Start right in your own backyard.
7. Right Now. No procrastination! No excuses! Become a very busy, active person for World Betterment and World Change.
- Educator recommendation
- Prompt response of 800-1,000 words to the following question:
- Mr. Nobel created “The Seven Rights” as a prescription for living a productive life and contributing to the betterment of society. Those include right thought, right word, right deed, right attitude and right livelihood, and conclude with right here and right now. “Ladies and gentleman, to have a future or not – that is our choice,” Nobel said. “… Together we can change the world.” Explain how you have contributed and are contributing to the betterment of the world through one or more of Mr. Nobel’s “The Seven Rights.”
- Pictures/videos/media showing your leadership in action (optional)
- Color headshot suitable for website posting
- Academic resume
- Current Transcript (can be official or unofficial)